Monday, March 27, 2023

The Medical Industry Is Thriving on Bad Medicine

 


When we were young - painful, expensive and ineffective medicines were far from our minds. I remember hearing countless vague words like - "Try this."

I went without medical insurance years ago because the industry had jacked up prices too high. The Blue Cross B.S. plan went up to a $5,000 deductible price before coverage began.

Now I am in Medicare plus B, which is no bargain. It covered only part of eye surgery, but I covered the deductible that Medicare did not pay - no problem. My eyedrops are $0 per month.

Many problems of the heart and lungs can be fixed with the best medicine of all - eliminating processed junk food and returning to what the farmers used to eat for low-cost meals - vegetables and fruit. Weight loss and good food go a long way in preventing high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes, and the pitfalls of digestion.

The Lord of Creation engineered the human body to have a liver that could handle almost anything, because that is the key to using combinations of food to build and repair our bodies. The digestion complex includes many different ways of using our customized chemical labs. I am just starting to learn how our insulin works - and believe me - insulin does NOT cure diabetes. 

People hammer their liver and pancreas organs with tobacco (an insecticide) and alcohol in abundance, leading to fatty malfunctioning livers, blood sugar problems often ignored.

People drink "energy" drinks that harm the body without immediate consequences. A local teen came into the doctor's office with a 300 blood pressure from "energy" drinks. He did not feel it, but it went well over double the normal figure.

Most of the "good food supplements" are combinations of milk, sugars, fats, and whack-a-doodle vitamins/minerals. Profits soar, weight does too. 

Epigram of the year - "We are the only mammals that drink the nursing food of another mammal - the cow - a food created only for baby cows."

The Green Four

Fun fact - the cheapest, most satisfying, and nutritious foods in the grocery store are right off the farm:

  1. Fresh or frozen vegetables
  2. Greens (spinach, kale, collards)
  3. Fresh fruits
  4. Nuts and some seeds (flax, sesame).
When the Green Four dominate the grocery list and diet, weight goes down, the body mends itself, and the drooling lust for fast foods, desserts, and candy goes away (albeit slowly).

I am not a vegan or vegetarian, and I eat chicken several times each week - not to mention a little ice cream. I find really good bread far more tempting than ice cream and they are very good at wrecking Green Four's progress.

The best sources are the books by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. I have about five Fuhrman titles. I often go over them because they are loaded with sound information that checks out with other experts. I also reseach facts about food on the Net. Before I picked up Eat To Live, I knew nothing about nutrition, and what I imagined knowing was bogus.