Thursday, April 13, 2023

Just Be Glad I Dropped the Pyramid Mysteries

 


I was watching some YouTubes on the Egyptian pyramids when I began to realize that their mysterious origins expanded exponentially. I gave up on that genre. 

Streaming videos seemed to one gigantic rummage sale until I found the BBC for $5 a month via Amazon. That channel depends on British castles, British gardens, and British gardens in British castles. In short - paradise. Although King Charles III has been mocked about gardening his entire life, he has accomplished a lot with a royal approach to Creation gardening. 

Charles is opposed to toxic gardening solutions; I decided chemicals were too expensive and ineffective. He discusses "organic gardening" while I stick with the original term based on Genesis 1 and Isaiah 55 - Creation Gardening.

My maternal and paternal grandfathers were farmers. I learned about God's Creation from my mother, an expert on birds, plants, herbs, insects, weeds, and flowers. I told her that shepherd's purse was not growing anywhere near, so she took me to the spot, smirking. She delighted her students in school by grabbing insects, explaining them, and telling them not to be afraid of them.

My mother-in-law mocked me for being a "dirt farmer," so I quoted President George Washington - "Of all the titles I have had, farmer is the one I am most proud of." (from memory)

 Crown Imperial

I go outside several times a day - mostly to observe what is currently growing. Yesterday, the last of the bulbs seemed to be finished, but Crown Imperial was just starting to show off. Soon people will be asking, "What's that?"

Clethra is called Sweet Spice or Cinnabon. Butterflies, bees, and hummingbirds love it.

Clethra seems to have no life right now, but that is true of Joe Pye Weed and many others. Past failures are forgotten when so many plants are bursting out of the soil and crowding their bedmates.

 "The Calla Lilies are in bloom again. Such a strange flower." Katherine Hepburn became famous with this line and movie. I have three bunches of them in the garden.