Monday, October 27, 2008

Try This Trick at Home




Start with this URL:

http://www.churchfromscratch.net/

Copy and paste it into your browser.

I will make it easier and link it from the words:

Church From Scratch

There is an automatic re-direct that takes the reader to

Joe's Rock and Roll Babtist-WELS Church:



Meet the Pastor
Pastor Matt Doebler has been our lead pastor at Christ the Rock since the Spring of 2006, when he moved to Round Rock with his wife and three kids: Maddie, Sam, and Caleb. His family is a constant source of support and encouragement to him through their areas of service, their examples, and their witness to the greatness of Jesus.

My Heart: Since I was born outside of Detroit, raised between Chicago and Milwaukee, and descended from generations of Chicago city folk, I have long had a heart for the urban and suburban areas of our country with all of their busyness, deep (often well-hidden) scars, and cultural diversity. I long for people who have heard little, if anything, about Jesus in these places to be transformed by His gospel power so that they can, in turn, take part in Jesus’ redemptive work in the cities.
On my iPod: Nickel Creek; David Crowder Band; U2; Third Day, and a lot of sermons

Favorite Food: Alaskan King Crab Legs

Favorite Movie:“The Empire Strikes Back” (along with all the original (not recent) Star Wars films)

Favorite Vacation Spot: San Antonio is right up at the top

Favorite Books:The Bible and The Lord of the Rings

Favorite Bible Verse: Psalm 73:23-26
23 Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.
NIV

And most anything by Asaph


---

GJ - But you have to look for the WELS part. Like most Church and Change ministers, Matt hides his confessional identity as much as possible. He could be anything, but that's the point.