Monday, October 27, 2008

Hey Joe from CrossWalk, Laveen, Arizona




Hi Joe. So you were a member of CrossWalk in Laveen (Phoenix)? And now you are a member of Doebler's Rock and Roll Church?

I suggest you look over the Church From Scratch material that I posted for your convenience. Your pastor is promoting all kinds of Baptist and non-Christian stuff. Sure, the website went down after I exposed it, but the content is preserved. Your pastor has fingerprints all over that website. So does Paul Kelm plus Church and Change.

You are in one wild WELS district. South Central should be called Southern Babtist Central. Who is minding the store down there?

I just heard that ex-SP Gurgel just landed there too. I thought he was still in a secure, undisclosed location. I suggest not giving up his address to any forensic accountants. They might have a lot of questions.

Another Cup of Joe

From
: "Joe Krohn" |

To : church_and_change@yahoogroups.com


Subject : [church_and_change] Recent threads regarding fellowship, evangelism etc...

Date : Thu, Feb 23, 2006 12:55 PM



Dear Redeemed and fellow Brothers and Sisters of the WELS,

This internet, what a blessing...and a curse.

I don't think anyone is talking about changing doctrine. I think we
all agree that there are different ways of doing ministry as long as
it is Biblical and I haven't read anything on these threads that was
un-Biblical. I see alot (sic) of 'iron sharpening iron' as a good friend
of mine likes to say. I think we all agree that in general we can
do a better job as a Synod since our growth has been stagnant. If
we can glean some sucessful (sic) strategies from other sources we
should. We may even convert some of these 'heretics'. But I think
this is the rub. I think some have trouble separating these methods
from their doctrine. Because it is their idea, somehow it is
intertwined with their doctrine. It's kind of like separating the
sin from the sinner. Maybe that's a bad analogy, but it works. Or
taking a secular song and changing the lyrics to make it sacred.
Some folks just can't separate the old relationship of the melody
with the old lyrics even though the new song is God pleasing.
(especially for someone who may never have heard the 'old' song.)
It's just a point of perspective. I hope this helps.

Blessings to you all,

Joe



And here is another one::

Hi Pastor Frey and list,

Our Elders group is reading "Radical Reformission" by Mark
Driscoll. I highly recommend it. Parts of it make me
uncomfortable, but at the same time are convicting. I don't think
it's enough for us to just preach the Gospel in it's (sic) truth and
purity. Please don't misconstrue that statement as it's not pointed
at you. But as a whole, we do need to develope (sic) relationships with
people. Even if it's building the kingdom one soul at a time.
Jesus did so much more while he was here than just orate the good
news. When I was attending adult instruction and got to the part
about living in the world and not of the world, we were told that we
should hang out with fellow believers and stay away from the
unbelievers. Does this not fly in the face of what Jesus modeled
when He was on the Earth? Evangelism is dirty work. I work with a
gay man. If I don't have a relationship with him, how does he see
Jesus?

Blessings to all as we look forward once again to Christ's coming.

Joe