Friday, August 28, 2015

Masks for Unbelief



I was away from regular writing, on our recent roadtrip, so I thought about what themes to pursue. Someone observed, "Having a blog is like adopting a pet alligator. You have to feed it all the time." So I have to balance the feeding schedule with other pursuits, like paying for non-durable goods (groceries, utilities, and dog treats).

Apart from important notices on Moline Memories, I am only posting on Ichabod now, although some orphan blogs continue to gather views. One little college blog, which I started to show what can be done, now has 17,000 views. They decided to follow my example, and wrote up a list of procedures and policies, and never did a thing with it. The new editor wrote me, "All the graphics about our college end up being from your blogs."

My answer to her was, "Out-publish me and that will make mine go away on Google images searches." Someone how a team has not been able to do more than draw up a list of policies and procedures. So today - just to check - I googled images for the college and found one dominant link - mine. Similar complaints have been heard from various corners of Lutherdom - from the same sects that spent so much time trying to silence me.

I often look up various Lutheran sources to see if I can find anything worth writing about. The posts remind me of what we used to say at the movies, when most kids came in at random times and left when the movie reached the starting point - "This is where we came in."

Entertainment Evangelism illustrated.


The endless chatter about minor items, the fussing about high church details, and the slavish devotion to Fuller fantasies can be summed up as follows - They are all masks of unbelief.

The high church unbelievers can blog about the absolute necessity of this or that  - chalice, robes, etc. The Fuller unbelievers revel in their endless plagiarisms because they do not have the brainpower to engage in creativity on their own. The road to Rome clergy make a big show of their worshipful master piety while the Shrinkers advertise their passion for growth and reaching out, no matter how deep into the mud they must crawl. That may end up with DUIs and lawsuits, but never mind, they care passionately about this, and passion conquers all.


Octo-mom dog says,
One blog is enough.