Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Fun Moments

 All true.


I set up four hummingbird feeders in the front yard, one out in the garden, three hanging from the porch beams. Ranger Bob thought the hummingbirds might be intimidated at such a close range. They are the most daring birds.

I came home from errands, slammed the car door shut (it's a Chrysler), and saw our main bird dining from the first porch feeder. He was not startled by the noise or my approach. I stood nearby and watched him buzz his wings to move to each feeding port. Sip, blur, sip, blur.

I stood even closer, right under him, and watched him from below.

Likewise, the one sipping at the kitchen window is very close and unafraid.

I switched to hummingbird feeding because the squirrels took over the seed feeders and wrecked them as much as possible.

Sassy's Minion
Our neighbor has a toy chihuahua named Tiny. (I suggested Cujo!)

Their front door burst open and out came Tiny at 60 mph. Two girls chased him to no avail. On the second circle I shouted, "Come to us, Tiny. We love you." Sassy was next to me, in the middle of the street (cul-de-sac, no traffic). Tiny ran to us, rolled over his back, and folded his front paws. This is the second time a smaller dog ran up to her and rolled over in submission.

I placed my hands on his chest, picked him up, and handed him to the girl who loves Sassy so much. She took Tiny back into the house.

 Mom, dad, and the puppers - from the Net.