|Our granddaughter and Sassy posed for this one,|
after the toying with the chair and spilling.
Both enjoyed the fun.
Sassy knows how to manage her staff, with gentleness, humor, and an occasional sharp bark to indicate urgency. She should coach Notre Dame football.
She knows how to be quiet when Mrs. I is still asleep:
- The steady stare tells me I have work to do - for her.
- Licking her jaws makes it clear she wants her morning meal.
- A high-pitched but soft monotone means something is left undone, such as her morning walk.
- You touched your socks. We must be leaving soon.
- Brushing your teeth? Let's go.
- Looking out the back door. No rain. The birds can wait for their food. The front door is this way.
- You can pet me while reading the news, but you need your morning walk.
|Norma Boeckler's Photofunia portrait of Sassy.|
|At the dog park, no dog could compete with Sassy in catching and bringing back the ball,|
but all the dogs wanted that magic orange ball that made everyone clap for her.