Monday, October 6, 2008

Read the Name of the Blog Before Posting - Before Begging the Question




Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "The Love That Dare Not Speak Its Name: Stealth Con...":

Might I suggest that you put equal effort in pointing out those congregations in WELS that are confessional? In my opinion, it would show that you aren't out to merely bash the WELS, but will also give credit when credit is due.

---

GJ - A lesson on begging the question follows.

"You aren't out merely to bash the WELS"

That statement assumes I need to refute a commonly held belief, to wit - I merely (merely!) want to bash (bash!) Holy Mother WELS.

The Word of God tells us to teach sound (hygienic) doctrine, to guard the Word. The Scriptures have no passages about defending the institution. Paul Kuske and Floyd Stolzenburg defended Church Growth by calling all criticism of Fuller doctrine "Christian-bashing." I assume that Church and Change has been infusing that terminology in their disciples.

***

GJ - The name of the blog is: The Glory Has Departed. I am sure you can find a blog named The Glory of WELS. I know there is a Glory of Wah-wah-tosa blog.

I thought ALL WELS congregations were confessional. Why recognize what is supposed to be true in the first place? That is asking for a Medal of Honor when a Good Conduct medal is due.

This particular reader is not very studious as he tries to get his digs in. On this blog I have been dealing with apostasy in all the Lutheran groups, from lavender ELCA to the nano-sects. I have many posts on the struggles in The Episcopal Church.

I pointed out the dishonesty of Pilgrim Community Church at the Ohio Pastors' Conference. That was about 15+ years ago. The trend has grown, in spite of the dual flops of Pilgrim Community (Columbus) and CrossRoads (South Lyons). I wonder why there is so little concern as this grows.