Saturday, June 23, 2012

David Becker Joins the Chorus Against the NNIV.
Sets Record in Blog Self-Promotion

David Becker has heard of the Holman and likes it.


David Becker has left a new comment on your post "ELCA Pastor/Author Says Adam and Eve Were Not Real...":

Hi Pastor Jackson, since I have noticed that you have from time to time commented on Bible translation issues, I thought I’d let you know that, for what it’s worth, I have put out my own blog on the subject – http://welsbibletranslationissues.wordpress.com.

My most recent post was published today - http://welsbibletranslationissues.wordpress.com/2012/06/23/good-thing-martin-luther-didnt-have-to-deal-with-a-reformation-feasibility-committee/

Did you have an Ichabod feasibility committee when you started Ichabod?

Anyone, including you, may submit a comment. Feel free to submit comments in favor of the KJV, if you wish. You’ll notice that I favorably promoted the Holman Christian Standard Bible, which you said that nobody has heard of. Even though only 1.7% of the recent WELS convention delegates voted in favor of the HCSB, I would still strongly advocate for the HCSB if one HAS to choose among the NIV 2011, ESV and HCSB. Like you, I am adamantly opposed to the NIV 2011.

If you choose to print this comment and if others for the first time find out about http://welsbibletranslationissues.wordpress.com through Ichabod, nobody has to say on http://welsbibletranslationissues.wordpress.com where they found out about it.

It can be our little secret.

Perhaps you will want to put out a humorous “Shhh! Don’t say you read it on Ichabod” graphic. You are very good at that!

Anyway, that’s all for now – have a blessed day.

To God alone the glory!
Sincerely yours in Christ,
David Becker

***

GJ - I am in favor of open discussion of Lutheran topics, not just with people who agree with me.

Lizard-Hands Murdoch is in deep trouble for criminal spying on celebrities
and government leaders.
His corporation owns the NIV.
---

Pastor emeritus Nathan Bickel has left a new comment on your post "David Becker Joins the Chorus Against the NNIV. Se...":

Ichabod -

Thank you for posting David Becker's contribution. [He expresses himself, well!] Sometime ago I visited his site and found it very favorably informative. I'm always happy to see brave souls express themselves in cyberspace. That's the new wave of communication these days.

And, I can understand Mr. Becker's selected choice of Bible translation as he said that if it is a choice of the new NIV 11 and the ESV, he opts for the Holman version.

Thanks David - for joining the anti Murdoch chorus!

Nathan M. Bickel

www.thechristianmessage.org

www.moralmatters.org

P.S. Ichabod - Nice pic of Murdoch. I’m elated that you caught a live pic of him before his mortician’s needle finished him off......