Monday, April 29, 2013

On the Road Again with Ski and Glende - The CORE's Secretive Program

I knew I needed to keep my Ski graphics.


2138 has left a new comment on your post "Ominous - No Views for The CORE's Video Announceme...":

What’s this “The Road” at gotocore.com all about at the end of these videos?

First, I had to register and be approved before I could access that part of the site.

Once I was approved, I was met with this welcome message:

“Welcome to The Road. Prepare to embark on your learning adventure. The end destination: You can become a formal member of The CORE. Grab your keys, unlock your car, hop in, and get on The Road.

After you fully explore each neighborhood you will have the opportunity to reminisce your adventure and answer a few questions for us. After you have answered the questions we will contact you to schedule a visit with Ski who will give you the key to enter the next neighborhood. This gives us the opportunity to get to know each traveler on The Road. Explore all four neighborhoods and visit Ski four times to complete the process.

We also invite and encourage you to make use of the travel log. This is a place for you to make note of your thoughts or questions about your trip on The Road. This is completely private unless you chose to give Ski permission to view your log.

If you have questions you want to ask Ski when you visit with him, make note of them here so you don't forget.”

I entered a video game map of four locations—Darboy, Kimberly, Greenville, and Appleton. First stop is Darboy. Clicking on Darboy puts me in a VW beetle that drives past the sites of Darboy—a house and the Silver Spur Saloon (proudly serving Pabst Blue Ribbon). The three lessons include a slideshow of biblical teachings and intermittent Groeschel-esque videos. After viewing the lessons, there is a multiple choice quiz to take. I left this one about objective justification blank (spelling is unaltered):

“8. Which of the following is the correct definition of objective justification?

A. When the Holy Spirit gives me faith to believe that Jesus died for my sins

B. God’s declaration that Jesus' death paid for the sins of all people

C. Jesus’ act of dyeing (sic) on the cross [
GJ - fabric dye? But Tim. Studied. Greek.]

D. Jesus’ keeping the law perfectly in our place”


I must have done okay on the quiz, because I got the following email:

“I just received your Darboy Road results. Congratulations on beginning your journey!

The next step in the process is to meet with one of our pastors from our CORE/St. Peter campuses. At this meeting, you will be able to ask any questions you may have, and the pastors will also go over your test results with you. Finally, you will get the password for the Kimberly stop so that you can continue on the Road at your own pace.

Please let me know which campus you attend most regularly, and I will forward your results on to the appropriate pastor for your first meeting.

Blessings on your journey on The Road. I look forward to hearing from you.”

So I can’t continue on to the other locations on “The Road” until I meet with the pastors…or Ski…or something.

***

GJ - I suspected they were pulling a bait and switch, because Doug Engelbrecht was telling Schroeder and the DPs that Ski would be suspended but not removed - and this would be secret.

The same formula was used by WELS with Floyd Luther Stolzenburg, who was completely disqualified for the pastoral office. VP Paul Kuske and DP Robert Mueller made up a bunch of new distinctions that allowed Floyd to play the part of a pastor until they could finagle him into a parish - and they did!

Tim Glende studied this Antinomianism under Stolzenburg hisself - at St. Paul German Village. And UOJ expert Jay Webber and CG expert Roger Kovaciny treated Floyd as a fellow pastor in their work with Thoughts of Marvin Schwan.