Friday, April 4, 2014

Joel Lillo Has a Tiny Circle



Fox Valley WELS Pastor Joel Lillo posts most mornings, and he makes my heart glad.

Here is one sample:

"You slander Joel Zank without knowing a thing about him. That's not just unchristian (par for the course), that's also childish (also par for the course). I'd call you a loser, but that would be an insult to the 1976 Buccaneers."


I was quoting one of your WELS colleagues. Didja see the quotation marks? I knew you would jump on it, Joel. I have no opinion about Zank. All of the WELS clergy identify themselves with false doctrine, so I figure one DP is as bad as the next. 




I decided to investigate Joel's circles, a Google Plus concept. He has a total of three (3) in his circles:

Joel has three people in his circles
Ski
Stephen Turselli
Karen Schroeder


Who's In Your Pulpit? Luther - Or Craig Groeschel?

"The pulpit is ever this earth’s foremost part; all the rest comes in its rear; the pulpit leads the world. From thence it is the storm of God’s quick wrath is first descried, and the bow must bear the earliest brunt. From thence it is the God of breezes fair or foul is first invoked for favorable winds. Yes, the world’s a ship on its passage out, and not a voyage complete; and the pulpit is its prow."
Herman Melville, Moby Dick