Friday, October 10, 2014

Another WELS Woman Targeted by a Pastor

Walther was Bishop Stephan's enforcer and enabler.
CFW and his mob conveniently robbed Stephan of his gold, land, and library.


http://shatteredpulpit.blogspot.com/2014/09/why-victims-should-not-go-to-church.html

I don't know if this is the best place to post. I was a victim of a retired WELS Pastor, who held a position working with many young women. He told me he loved me, pursued me, even as his wife was watching, knowing. I told my husband, my pastor and finally my therapist. My therapist told me what would I do if he had done to me what this spiritual leader had done. I immediately said turn you in. Then he asked why hadn't I done so in this Pastor's case. Well, it was complicated I said. I didn't want to be a trouble maker. No one would believe me. I felt sorry for him. Then my therapist ask me why would I let anyone stay in their sin - if I truly believed. That got to me. I realized he was right. But I didn't turn him in. I instead ignored him and never spoke to him again. Now it was easy for me to do this as he had moved. I learned from this experience. Pastors are sinful men. I should never let anyone come between me and my worshiping my God. Would I have done anything different now. I would hope so, but I honestly don't know. I thank God for the Christian therapist and I thank God he moved. He's dead now. I only share this with you as an example of how I dealt with a similar problem. Did I do what was right? I don't think so as I now realize it probably wasn't just me he was trying to seduce. It saddens me to think he may have done this to younger even more vulnerable girls.

I will say it has changed the way I look at Pastors. They are only human just like any of us. My advice now is report and follow through with the police. I don't want to ever let someone stay in their sin and harm others faith. Trust God is in charge and be brave for those who need our encouragement. Be faithful to God not the Pastor.
Reply

***

GJ - Clergy predators have no qualms about recruiting more victims, as many court cases have shown. One was pursuing another young woman when he was on trial for his affair with a minor girl. But he was shocked and grieved that his wife divorced him.

It was the wife's fault, right? That is what Walther "privately" confided about the wife of Martin Stephan, STD, and Missouri published. Blaming the wife who died from getting her husband's syphillis - that shows how low the LCMS can sink. See Servant of the Word for proof.

Most of Stephan's children also died of syphilis, but he left them in Europe for his sick wife to care for and cry over. He took his groupies to America to help found the LCMS.

Nobody knows anything in WELS,
and if they did, they forgot.