Monday, April 27, 2015

Birds Eye View

"I am not black," says the grackle.
"I have metallic colors. If you feed me often,
you might catch the display. Don't be lazy."


Our Perspective
"Birds are really smart and easily trained."
"True. I give them food whenever I go outside. Now they clamor and chirp for me."
"Our hummingbirds are so smart. One went to where the feeder was last year and hovered there, looking for his food."
"I have learned to put a lot of different foods out there. I am seeing many more species than I did before. Some like nuts, some like fruits. They like various seeds, too. Some leave corn and eat the rest. Then grackles come and eat the corn."

"If you are this beautiful, don't give it away.
Make your human fill the feeders and plant your favorite flowers and vines."


Birds' Perspective
"Humans are fairly smart. They can be trained."
"How so?"
"All my pals wait for ours to come out. We cheer, flutter, chirp, and tweet. He looks up at the trees, smiles, and feeds us."
Hummingbird - "All I had to do was hover around the place where the feeder was last summer. My human ran inside, filled the feeder, and put it where was before. Naturally, I waited. I want that full each day."
"I am tired of black oil sunflower seeds. They are good, but pluck my tailfeathers, I can only eat so many."
"Bring a new friend every so often, especially if something new is out, like some strawberries. Eventually he will learn that we want a lot of variety."
"Good call."
"We will sing Matins every morning for fresh food, and Vespers at night, so it is all refilled."

"Don't just bathe. Splash and fuss with your friends.
Make a lot of noise and we will get fresh water each day."