Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Thanksgiving Eve Service Planned, God Willing and the Equipment Working.
Wednesday, 7 PM, Central Time. Facebook

When they are tired of it,
we are going to buy the Atlantic City pipe organ.


I can test two crucial pieces of equipment today - the desktop computer and camera - and replace the camera immediately if results are no better.

I am swapping equipment, office to chapel, to do this.

I do not expect the new used desktop to be here until after Sunday, since it is not ordered yet. This desktop is an i3 chip, and an i5 or i7 were suggested for streaming. The replacement will also have lots of RAM, 16 gigs compared to 12 on this desktop.

The computer I was using for broadcasts was an i5 chip with only 6 megs of RAM. I can use it to play the hymns for Mr. Bose, our organist.

Assuming all goes well, I can spend the next week working out broadcasting on YouTube and Facebook at the same time.

Correction - my computer expert says it would be better and easier just to stream on one platform, YouTube, which will be the aim. Facebook will have to do for now until everything is set up.

Readers have voted on the plan.