Saturday, September 2, 2017

WELS Runs from the Lutheran Name. Party in the MLC Groper.
Our Launch Plan | The Way Church




Our Launch Plan | The Way Church:

"In fact, we need you. The Way Church welcomes people from all walks of life, and we want to welcome you!

Here are three reasons why you should join The Way’s Launch Team today:

           You will grow in your faith and love for God, because that’s why The Way Church exists.

            You will grow in your love for other people, because The Way is serious about relationships formed around the gospel.

           You will grow personally, because you’ll play an essential role in the remarkable work of growing God’s Kingdom."


 PHASE 3 | PREVIEW PHASE | MAY - AUGUST 2017

We preview our worship and get active in our community by serving and spreading the word about The Way.
'via Blog this'




MATT ROTHE

Pastor and Church Planter

MATT ROTHE

Pastor and Church Planter
 (540) 693-0897
 info@TheWayChurchVA.com
   @TheWayChurchVA

WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE BIBLE PASSAGE?

“…by the grace of God I am what I am…” (1 Corinthians 15:10).
I am…
…a son of the Most High God,
husband to my wonderful wife, Emily,
a son, brother, and friend,
and the pastor at The Way Church.
Far more important, however, is what motivates me, moves me, and makes me who I am –God’s unconditional love in Christ, the grace of God.

WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

I was born in Michigan, raised in Florida, and spent most of my life in Wisconsin. I tell people I’m from Ixonia, Wisconsin.

WHY DID YOU BECOME A PASTOR?

I am a pastor because I am passionate about sharing with others the amazing love our God has for them.
I am also a pastor because of encouragement I received from the amazing people God has placed in my life, three schools that taught me about Christ, and a number of experiences God has given me.
I attended Luther Preparatory School (Watertown, WI) and graduated in 2007. In 2011, I graduated from Martin Luther College (New Ulm, MN) with a BA in Classical Languages. Throughout that time, I was blessed to be a part of short-term mission teams that traveled to Ukraine, Malawi, East Asia, and various places in the U.S. From 2013 to 2014, I served as a pastoral intern at Hope Lutheran Church in Toronto, ON. Afterwards, I had the opportunity to work as a dormitory supervisor and teacher of Old Testament History at Luther Preparatory School for one year. I graduated from Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary (Mequon, WI) as a Master of Divinity in 2016.

WHY DID YOU MOVE TO FREDERICKSBURG, VA?

In May of 2016, I was called to start a church in Fredericksburg and take on the mission of sharing the gospel with people from all walks of life.

TELL US ABOUT YOUR FAMILY…

After two failed attempts of asking her on dates, a trip to Florida to ask her out a third time, and convincing her to fly to Toronto in the middle of winter so I could ask her to marry me –  I married my best friend, Emily, in 2014.
Emily and I are blessed to be expecting a baby in May 2017.

“WHEN I HAVE FREE TIME, YOU WILL FIND ME…”

Competing. I love competition, in anything from thumb wars to sports to Settlers of Catan. I’m an avid reader, occasional kayaker, and aspiring endurance athlete. Most of all, I enjoy exploring with my wife, whether we’re at home in Fredericksburg or traveling the world.

ANYTHING ELSE?

I love meeting people, hearing their stories, and having honest conversations about God and His love for all people. It would be my pleasure to get to know anyone reading this over lunch or a cup of coffee. Let me know a time that works for you to get together! Really. My treat.