Saturday, October 13, 2018

WELS MEDITATIONS, Last Quarter, 2018


Here is the weekly prayer for Friday evening in the current quarter's MEDITATIONS, The WELS Devotional (Vol. 61, No. 4, Sept. 2-Dec. 1, 2018, p. 95:)

"Dear judge of all, you declare me not guilty--justified because you  are my sinless substitute who suffered my eternal punishment.  Help me show that I cherish the robe of righteousness with which you  have covered me.  So many are not wearing the white wedding garment you have prepared for them  and will perish eternally without it.  Bless my humble efforts as I point others to your  saving truth." 


Response
WHY?  They have ALSO been declared NOT GUILTY!

NO mention of faith in Christ, only that one should "point others" to "your saving truth"--WHAT IS IT?   UOJ?

Let me get this straight: I have been declared "not guilty" APART from faith in Christ, and apparently I DON'T have to come to faith in Christ AT ALL, I should just "point others" to UOJ?

Is THIS the "devotional life" of UOJers?  --WM

---

A.S. wrote - "This reminds me of Unity's Daily Word.

Wiki - "Unity Church teaches that its followers are all individual, eternal expressions of God, and that their essential nature is divine and therefore inherently good."