Monday, March 16, 2020

We Watched the Debate and Then Played Hymns.
"You Broadcast Services?!"

 Someone created this graphic so I did not have to do it. I thought of this pair during the debate and I hardly ever watched the Muppets show.

Ranger Bob came over Sunday afternoon, so we drank coffee outside. The recent rain filled the wheelbarrow, and I neglected to empty it. This morning, the rain is pouring down again at 5 am.

We watched the Biden Sanders debate and it reminded me of the old fashioned style of root canal surgery - long, slow, and painful.



Later we watched hymns over YouTube. I now have three books on hymns from the Lutheran Librarian, so I am going to read and mark them for future services.

We had Ustream worship service, as usual, and people have been remarking that we were way ahead of the other churches. Relatively few broadcast their services. The cost is very small.

We had phone conferencing at first. Brett Meyer suggested streaming video over the Net, but I was reluctant to start. However, a video camera arrived in the mail at our home in Phoenix, and Christina set up an altar area. Brett thought weekly services were the way to go and soon Alicia Meyer (his mother) emailed, "We are having Advent midweek services, aren't we?" I responded, "Of course!"

Several people commented on the National Day of Prayer service, before and after. Weather keeps some from going to church, and the Wu-flu alerts shut many congregations down. There are many times when people cannot attend a particular Sunday, so I am surprised relatively few use the Internet to broadcast.

My post on Facebook led a long-time Moline friend to exclaim, "You broadcast worship services?" I link the Sunday service every week, midweek and Ascension Day too. I continue to use the three classic rules of learning - repetition, repetition, repetition.

 A massive gathering of LCMS-WELS-ELS came to the Emmaus Conference to hear Jay Webber and Jon-Boy Buchholz deny Justification by Faith.