Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Anniversary Photographs

Christina likes the way this photo shows off her hair.

We went through the photographs last night, and Mrs. Ichabod said she liked this one especially. I promised to post it soon.

I often start the day with a post, so now I have to do that first. If I get involved in editing or reading, the emails roll in - "Are you OK?" Then I have stop and assure people that I may have slept past dawn and started work on a book rather than a post. Those incidents remind me of a blogging instructor who said to the class, "If you post more than once a week, you're crazy!" I responded in my outdoor voice, "That explains a lot." No one in the class could comprehend what I do every day, which is as natural for me as repairing the car is for others. 

Question - You are up and writing at 4 AM? Answer - The phone does not ring. The texts do not pop up. The TV is off. The household sleeps. The pour-over coffee is fresh and hot. Above all - the eyes are rested.

Will Cub Editor Phil Hale condemn this as well? This is from Christian News publishing.


I am thankful for all the opponents who give me motivation and fuel for writing about them. A Facebook friend notified me that a FB discussion group - unknown to me - is going nuts over my clear, plain explanations of Justification by Faith. I have to join the page to view the comments, but they do not allow that - so far. Someone else can copy and paste those cherished verities, if it seems worthwhile.

I recall a young woman who was describing the pain her ex gave her. I said, "Time wounds all heels." There are many people who fall into that category. I can imagine how they were on the playground in elementary school. I would thank them now, but they have gone to their reward.

The laity understand Justification by Faith, but the clergy reject the Chief Article, often covering their dogma with evasions and "I will get back to you later."

The spirit of this age is to pit grace against faith, contrary the Holy Spirit's clear teaching -

Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, (See Genesis 15:6)

Those who glory in grace-against-faith remind me of the LCA Word and Witness tape, where the narrator, in the most caustic voice said, "These TV Evangelicals are very popular, but there is no grace in them at all."

I thought about that statement (and the anger) a long time, and realized that the LCA expert was saying, "The Evangelicals emphasize faith, but we teach everyone is already forgiven and saved." That is exactly how the LCMS-WELS glory in "grace", which is not grace at all. Faith in Christ makes LCMS-WELS furious and anxious to pounce, if the conditions are right. 

"Justified before birth" - is that your confession?
The Preus Brothers used flimflam language like this to crush Walter A. Maier. They had a chance to ask for forgiveness, but their heirs - or errors - continue.