Friday, December 4, 2020

So Much in Common - From Pietism to Left-Wing Wokeness

"I think Ichabod is right about this."

I was going to write about the origins of Wokeness, which is a terrible burden today. I can almost guarantee that pouty admonitions will be blurted during any conversation with someone under the age of 30. Twenty years ago, a college student became furious in declaring how the entire world was warming up. The Woke have abandoned that declaration in favor of the flexible "climate change." I have some amusing observations about that, but I will leave that alone.

When I told the dermatologist's cashier that masks were useless, she said, "They are required." After she used my debit card to pay the bill, I asked, "Do you realize how many people have touched that card?"

The political contests move ahead, more bizarre than ever before. The Supreme Court and state legislatures could solve things according to the Constitution, but the Woke have other ideas.