Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Apologies for the Reformation Seminary Post Being Scrambled
Fixed!

 


I had the best of intentions. (Cue - ominous drum roll, oboe soloist in the background.) I wanted to get the Library up to speed for broadcasting. Just about everything went wrong, which led to a second player code being used on the blog page. They clashed, as a reader gently and cautiously reminded me.

I took the Holy Spirit lesson to the Chapel, where most things get done for the service, having served as "a spare room in a rented house" for over a decade. Before that we were in Bella Vista and Phoenix. 

When I started up the Vimeo, some strange things went on but the player did its part live, my primary goal. Getting jittery is bad for computer code. 

The computer senses that and makes it worse, so I went outside and led Charlie Sue in some play time. Porchi and Dustmop - on the other side of the fence - wanted to enjoy some attention and racing too. They love chasing the ball, even though Charlie does the chasing on her side.

Later, I cut out the extra computer code and extra graphics. It seems to be OK, and I thank the computer department at Glendale Community College for getting me started and the reader for letting me know about the confusion. 

A few months ago, I had two unused computers waiting for their time of glory. One was in the living room, the other in the Library. All three communicate with each other now, and they can take over another's work without panic. Each one has its own camera. Concern, yes, panic no.

Two members are going to help directly with Zoom.