Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ed Stetzer May Not Be The Man




Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Joe Krohn--Laveen Veteran, Rock and Roll Church Me...":

I vehemently disagree with you, Joe.

Pastor Jackson has the courage to speak for many in WELS. He is merely exposing error - which we are commanded to do in Scripture.
Many of us have pastors that, unfortunately, for whatever reason, are afraid to speak out.

What, exactly, is it that makes your pastor and congregation WANT to be a member of WELS? Normally when people want to be a part of something they do not hide it but happily proclaim it.

I became WELS as an adult. I would have felt deceived if I first learned I was really Lutheran after being a part of a church. That happened to me when I was checking out a "community church" and eventually learned it was really Baptist.

Do you show prospective members your constitution? It surely says you a member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, right? With your adult confirmations do they not take a vow that they accept the LUTHERAN confessions?

When I did not have a church I would have been very hurt if I was lured to a fellowship or ministry or whatever you want to call it under the pretense of caring for my "perceived felt needs" and then had the gospel sprung on me once you felt I was comfortable. I would have fled as far and as fast as I could. I would never do that to a stranger of even someone I loved.

Your congragation and others are driving away the very people you once evangelized.
WELS is sick and has a cancer that is metasticizing and spreading like the tributaries of a river. WELS is a manmade institution. What a blessing that the Word of the Lord stands forever.