Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Mouse in Doubt




Anonymouse has left a new comment on your post "From One of Many Excommunicated by WELS":

Would you care to elaborate on the excommunications? Again, I see nothing here but charges. You offer no proof. This is just typical of you, Greg Jackson.

***

GJ - That is typical of Mouse, to start accusing. I don't have enough mental energy to make up stories. I use my brainpower up exposing the lies of Church and Change. Now that is a creative bunch.

I could name people because I know a lot of them. I have met them. Some write to me. Some are related to family friends. Some were members of my congregation. I will list what I know, without names for the most part.



  1. One pastor gave a paper questioning WELS' dependence upon AAL funding. He was driven from the ministry. He never recovered from the shock. I met him and know his daughter and son-in-law.
  2. A number of laity were excommunicated for participating in Scouting. Two different families were LCA members when I was serving in Michigan. St. Paul in German Village had a Scout troop and a Pioneer group. They also had very active Masonic members. St. Paul (ironic name?) started Church Growth under the anointed leadership of Floyd Luther Stolzenburg. Alas, the congregation has only shrunken more.
  3. WELS drove several ministers of the pulpit for questioning the NIV. Before, WELS was all-KJV. Then they were NIV-only. I met one of the ministers at a conference.
  4. Bruce Becker specifically drove Howard Festerling from the ministry because Howard taught the efficacy of the Word alone (and kept insisting on it). Two other pastors I knew from the Toledo area were also driven out of the ministry by WELS. Their crime was questioning the Fuller spin on "make disciples." Note that the KJV never made that error. For the innocent readers: "Making disciples" is the motto of all Lutheran CGM fanatics.
  5. I know a brilliant family, formerly WELS. They had some questions about the Sampler. The Sampler! The pastor stopped at the house and said, "You are no longer in fellowship with WELS."

I could list more examples, but my typing fingers are growing weary.

Mouse - you may post your apology on this story. Perhaps on the other one too.