Thursday, October 21, 2010

High School Friend - Now a Mayor


From my Facebook wall:

Debbie Gahan Whoo-hoo! I am impressed, my friend. I happened to mention to my fellow Rotarian Rev. Thomas Handrick, that I had recently learned that one of my old high school classmates was an author of religious/theological books and told him, "You may have heard of him. His name is Greg Jackson." His eyebrows sky-rocketed and he ...spent some time telling me how well respected and admired you are.

Gregory L. Jackson Say hello to him for me. I often hear from the opponents, who have decided they are the cross I must bear. Thanks Debbie.

***

GJ -  I hope people realize that there is nothing loving about the apostates, especially the UOJ Stormtroopers. They have no Gospel, so they cannot bear the fruit of the Spirit, the first being love. Gal. 5.

They try to win by their underhanded disparaging of anyone faithful to the Word of God and the Confessions. In the short term, they do win. However, the Word which they loathe works against them and accomplishes God's will - converting or hardening, enlightening or blinding them.

In contrast, there are many faithful pastors and laity who quietly follow the Scriptures and study the Confessions. They would like to have their synodical leaders on the same side. At the very least they would like honest answers and discussions, rather than evasions and double-talk.