Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Plus 1 Goes Live on This Blog

Google Plus One



It has taken some time but finally Google has rolled out their +1 button for websites, it was leaked early and it hasn’t been a well-kept secret but its already starting to cause concern among both bloggers, webmasters and SEOs on what it all means for them.  The obvious big point for bloggers is that it offers you one extra way that people can show their appreciation for your blog or article by voting it +1.

***

GJ - +1 is now a graphical button just below each post. I did not add it. Google Blogger did it for me. I am not sure how much difference it will make.

I hope people who use Twitter will Tweet their favorite posts. Congressman Weiner will probably not use the Tweet button, after confusing a private Tweet with a universal one. I doubt whether he has time for Ichabod anyway. He has important issues to address first.

Others can email their favorite posts. Those buttons are still below each post, where they were before.

Blog This! is handy for me when kelming other blogs, but it does not always work.