Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thank You Helpers

"Will this book ever get off the ground?"
That is a common thought during the writing effort.


I want to thank all my helpers for moving things along during the final stages of Justification and the Thy Strong Word re-publication. There are many forms of encouragement.

One WELS member said, "I want signed copies of both when you are done."

Another one sends me a list of typos, missed by the editor and me.

Another adds artwork - Norma Boeckler.

Still others send encouraging messages. If I thought about the Lutheran leadership of today, I would quit. They are shameless and clueless. Issues are finessed rather than addressed.

We are supposed to defend sound doctrine and question leaders, as the Bereans did, studying the Word to verify the teaching. Today people defend Holy Mother Synod and question the Word, while ignoring the Book of Concord. The results are inevitable, because God hates the Lutheran synods as constituted and mis-managed today.

But - signs of hope. I now find the youngest generation interested in Lutheran doctrine. They are starting almost from scratch, because their congregations and schools and synods have chosen to leave them ignorant and to train them in synod-worship. But they are eager to learn, willing to work at it, and Berean in studying the issues for themselves.