Thursday, April 14, 2011

Because Stoeckhardt Was an Idiot

Making a hero out of a false teacher has been the modus operandi of the Shrinkers for decades.
They are eager to condemn Lenski for a doctrine they cannot comprehend - justification by faith.




LutherQuest (sic)

Pr. Jess Knauft (Jess)
Advanced Member
Username: Jess



“Never in this sense do we hear it presented: I believe; I am conscious of the fact that I believe on my Savior. Therefore I am justified in the sight of God. A believing Christian does not make the pulse of his faith-life the criterion of his state of grace… The believer rather makes this conclusion: O, how godless I still am. Out of my heart godless thoughts continue to arise. There is no doubt but that I am a poor, unworthy sinner. My sin is ever before me. But now God’s Word tells me, that God has already declared godless Sinners righteous. Thus I belong without any doubt whatsoever in the number of those whom God justifies.” (St. Römerbrief, p. 185).

See
http://www.charis.wlc.edu/publications/charis_wint er04/braun.pdf

WAM Jr. was clearly influenced more by Lenski than by Stoechardt (sic) and it shows in some of his other theological writings.


***

GJ - Notice the heading - 

Dr. Robert Preus' "repudiation" of OJ...

 

Maybe they discussed Preus' actual repudiation of UOJ earlier, but the current discussion that I saw was another exercise in repeating the talking points of Pietism, from Knapp (Halle University), the arch-theologian of mainline Universalism today.