Thursday, February 28, 2013

Rabid Steadfast Lutherans

Almost.


Pastor emeritus Nathan Bickel has left a new comment on your post "Sisters of St. John the UOJist - Liberal Comment P...":

Ichabod -

I cannot but help think that the Steadfast Lutheran's website (aka, Steadfast Scrubbing {Deleting} website) is attempting to turn over an impossible new leaf. Does a leopard change its spots?

After reading this latest posting of yours about the Steadfast website, I recalled the following:

Pastor Nathan Bickel's Experience with Steadfast Lutherans
http://ichabodthegloryhasdeparted.blogspot.com/2012/08/pastor-nathan-bickels-experience-with.html

Excerpt:

>>>>>> ..... Next comes a forum personality called, "McCain," who then launched into some personal vindictives. He ended up charging me with being a false prophet, after offering me his phone number. [Who is this guy?] After looking at the posted thread this morning, I notice that a number of his comments were apparently deleted. Personally, I cannot blame the Steadfast moderators for taking down these particular "McCain" comments. I too, would be embarrassed to leave them up.

And, as far as I can recall, Diers, Preus and McCain were only reacting; they weren't interested in anything I actually stated, but only to pounce on my use of the "universalism" word. It seems apparent that a person who desires to comment on the Steadfast site won't be allowed to first base if his terminology doesn't match that of the rest of the Steadfast crew.

Consequently, I suppose I'm more comfortable commenting on a more tolerant site, such as Ichabod. At least I know that its author is supportive of Scripture's integral doctrine of grace through faith and that a human soul is justified by faith alone as Luther and the Lutheran Confessions ascribe. [Why, after I have left the Steadfast site, do I go away with the distinct impression that some of the people commenting there, are tormented by their beliefs?]

Finally, I must say, that I have participated in my fair share of secular forums; but, my experience yesterday was unparalleled. I will grant that I am not the best (by any means) at expressing myself; but, I never would have imagined the rabid experience which I encountered on the steadfastlutherans.org website. <<<<<<<<<<<

Nathan M. Bickel – pastor emeritus

www.thechristianmessage.org
www.moralmatters.org