Monday, September 3, 2007

UOJ Is Enthusiam


Studying the concept of Enthusiasm in the Smalcald Articles will show why Universal Objective Justification is false doctrine. UOJ teaches that God declared the entire world free of sin, without the efficacious Word, without the Means of Grace. People should wonder how this UOJ fraud was perpetrated the the Synodical Conference.

LCMS Pastor Vernon Harley was one of the few ministers to oppose UOJ openly with his thoughtful essays. He told me at his home that no one ever refuted him or even fought against him. I got the impression Missouri just ignored him. Pastor Harley gave me some good material, which I am quoting below. It shows that Missouri did not slavishly follow UOJ at first.

Another leader against UOJ is Dr. Robert Preus. He completely repudiated UOJ in his last book. I will post that section a little later.

Missouri's Small Catechism, Before UOJ

"#305. Why do you say in this article: I believe in the Forgiveness of Sins? Because I hold with certainty that by my own powers or through my own works I cannot be justified before God, but that the forgiveness of sins is given me out of grace through faith in Jesus Christ. For where there is forgiveness of sins, there is also true justification. Psalm 130:3-4; Psalm 143:2; Isaiah 64:6; Job 25:4-6 (Q. 124)."
Kleiner Katechismus, trans. Pastor Vernon Harley, LCMS, St. Louis: Concordia Publishing House, 1901, p. 164ff.

"#306. What is justification? Justification is that activity (Handlung) of God by which He out of pure grace and mercy for the sake of Christ's merits forgives the sins of a poor sinner who truly believes in Jesus Christ and receives him to everlasting life."
Kleiner Katechismus, trans. Pastor Vernon Harley, LCMS, St. Louis: Concordia Publishing House, 1901, p. 164ff.

***
PS
A. Nony Mouse cannot sign his name or defend UOJ. Instead, he wrote:

Greg, I am so happy you wrote the following: "Universal Objective Justification is false doctrine." Now every confessional Lutheran can see for themselves you're a false prophet.

"What is the reason for certainty in Christian doctrine?...7. the hatred of the devil over against this doctrine;
David Chytraeus, A Summary of the Christian Faith (1568), trans., Richard Dinda, Decatur: Repristination Press, 1994. p. 21.