Friday, April 10, 2009

Leave the False Prophets Alone
During Holy Week



Rembrandt: Christ driving the moneychangers from the Temple.


KJV Matthew 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, 13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Anonymouse has left a new comment on your post "Sausage Factory Prez To Preach for Patterson on Ea...":

It is rather sickening to visit here today, I should have known better. It is Good Friday and Greg's blog carries word of a pastor who is going to have the privilege of sharing the great news of Jesus' resurrection with people on Easter Sunday and instead of rejoicing, this becomes something to use in order to lob insults? I hope everyone sees how spiritually sick that truly is. All of us need to stop at the cross today, examine our lives carefully and then be awestruck at what our dear Lord paid to provide forgiveness for each of us. I guess the jaded tone of this site just struck me harder than usual on this special day. I'm not bitter, nor angry, nor entertained, just saddened by what you and your followers have become, Greg.

***

GJ - I recall that Jesus spoiled Holy Week by driving the moneychangers from the Temple and cursing the fig tree (as representing the falsehoods embraced by Israel).

Now that the political plans of Church and Chicanery are exposed, they suddenly become pious and want only spiritual Valium on this blog, which is subtitled: The Glory Has Departed.

I love the sanctimony dripping from the comment above. Too bad he did not have the courage to sign his name. I think he is angry and bitter that Church and Change is now known for what it is, a den of thieves, a pit of vipers, white-washed sepulchres full of dead-men's bones.

No one is required to read this blog. I only expected a few dozen to bother, so I did not have to send out email doctrinal bulletins, with all the trouble involved in changing addresses and losing track of people.

A large number of WELS pastors and laity read this blog. Many different WELS members supply me with well-documented information.