Saturday, May 4, 2013

ChurchMouse on Becoming Missional


ChurchMouse relaxes.

churchmousec (http://churchmousec.wordpress.com/) has left a new comment on your post "The New Legalism: Missional, Radical, Narcissistic...":

Thank you, Dr Jackson, for this timely post. I shall be borrowing from it in the days to come.

This is an excellent summary of what Christianity faces today in the West. It also answers several questions of mine, as I observe from across the pond.

I am very happy that David Platt was mentioned. (I've always had my suspicions ...) He gets a lot of mistakenly positive traction on Protestant blogs written by those in their twenties and thirties.

Thank you also for citing the Aquila Report (one of the most popular Calvinist news/opinion sites in the US ;) ).

May God continue to bless you and yours.

Churchmouse

***

GJ - You are welcome. The article was impressive in its detail and discernment.

This becoming missional fanaticism is the new law on Mt. Sinai, without the benefit of God's inspiration. I saw it in the Church Growthism in WELS in Columbus, Ohio, and it worse in Fox Valley, Wisconsin.

I will link that Aquila Report and catch up on the news there.

PS - I just read some of the report about Wesley's marriage - another great article.