Saturday, May 24, 2014

Sassy Sue - Star of Stage, Screen, and Goodyear Tire

Sassy loves an adoring crowd.


I asked Goodyear if I could bring my dawg along when they put new tires on.

Sassy and I waited in the deluxe lounge while the tires were being installed. Two men from Tyson came and sat down. They really liked Sassy, and Sassy responded at once to them.

I mentioned how smart she was. "She has her own blog and she sings the blues."

Sassy responded to the idea of singing. So I sang -

I went to a website and what did I see?
The cutest little dog with the name of Sassy.
I've got the blues (woo, woo, woo)
Sassy stuck her muzzle in the air and howled, "Woo, woo, woo."
I've got the Cattle Dog blues.
I've got the downtown, lowdown, down in the mouth Cattle Dog Blues.
Woo, woo, woo, woo. Sassy added, "Woo, woo, woo!" even louder.

The men loved it and applauded. Sassy responded by dragging her paw down my leg, which normally means more petting, more attention, more snacks.
"Second verse?" I asked her. She pawed again.

I went to the dogpark and what did I see?
A bunch of lazy dogs and they-all were pedigreed.
They got the blues (woo, woo, woo, woo). Sassy - "Woo, woo, woo."
They got the Cattle Dog blues.
They got the can't catch, can't fetch, lazy fat pedigree blues.
Woo, woo, woo, woo. Sassy - "Woo, woo, woo."

Everyone was applauding or just looking astounded.

The tires were done, and one Tyson man went to the counter where I was signing out. He said, "Write down that blog's name. We want to look it up."



Later we went for a walk at home, met a few friends through the fence, and came back to see Little White Mouse (Chihuahua) racing around and wanting to play tag. Sassy looked a bit bored and tired. LWM had a blast running circles and staging mock attacks on both of us.

Sassy is a bit of a diva. Once she has barked down a dog, she seldom gives that dog any more attention. Her idea seems to be, "Drive that dog crazy with the loudest, most intimidating barking, then never even notice the dog again." Her kelpie yips made a Great Dane sit on his haunches, put up his muzzle, and howl into the air. He seemed to calling for help.

He wants to play each day. Sassy shuns him

Anthony Weiner-dog wants to race along the fence barking. Sassy races one way, turns back, barking the whole time, then walks away. Anthony usually barks from 10 feet away - very brave.

Bob, the military vet, says, "That's my dawg. When you are tired of her, I will take her. She is so beautiful." Sassy races to meet him when he is out gardening.  Then she looks for cat treats to steal.