Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Presenting the Stealth Awards to Ichabod, the Glory Has Departed

"I did not read Ichabod, Holy Mother.
My paws are clean."

I keep noticing the same thing on various blogs. People discover something days after I have published it. But there is no link to this blog, no indication that anyone has learned anything from 12,000+ posts, all the Luther sermons and Lutheran resources.

I have to concede that the Intrepid Lutherans blog posted and linked from time to time.

Meanwhile, the other blogs keep giving each other awards, kudus, amens, and glowing references.

Did anyone mention I published reams of research about Tim Glende's and Paul McCain's blatant plagiarism? I gave the examples, verbatim quotations from each websty, and the URLs. The LCMS and WELS support plagiarism, so there is reason not to thank me.

If I post a comment on another blog, with my name on it. everyone ignores it, unless someone takes the time for  gratuitous and unwarranted accusations.

But some are saying, "You publish the leaks we send so stealthily," and they are right. Several have said, "I could let 20 people know or thousands know, so I choose to let it be posted on Ichabod."

That is another part of the Stealth Awards. I would like to thank them by name, but I know they want to remain unknown and unknowable. No hints. No nicknames.

Have you ever noticed how many regulars from the past no longer send a comment, which they can easily do by email? They have gone silent.

This is my Byzantine way of saying that the silence is the greatest acknowledgement of all. For a long time I have followed a forgotten expert who said:
1. If everyone agrees with you, there was no reason to write it in the first place.
2. If it makes people angry, you are getting close to the truth.
3. If the reaction is utter silence, you have really struck the nerve.

So - thanks. I appreciate it. I get friendly phone calls and emails, and best of all - ranting, raving, bitter emails packed with accusations and ending with - "You are so negative. I am praying for you."



Stealth Award Nominations

  • Ichabod - Most defenestrations.
  • Ichabod - Most invocations of the Eighth Commandment.
  • Ichabod - Most examples of gratuitous shunning by friends.
  • Ichabod - Most prayers offered to repent from writing about sound doctrine.