Monday, August 4, 2014

Polluted WELS Is Back - With Comments and More Bad Advice

During the GA secret initiation rite, the GA Pope
has the first-year class look for his bowling ball in the raw sewage of the "pond."

MONDAY, AUGUST 4, 2014


I'm Back

After publishing my last post, I was contacted by one of the people I mentioned. He was able to figure out my identity based on the details of the conversation that I related. He indirectly yet clearly threatened me and my ministry. I panicked and deleted the blog.

After taking a day to think about it, though, I've decided I can't compromise the truth for selfish reasons. Despite the threats, I will continue to publish here.

The person who threatened me is very well-connected within the synod. He has the right last name and I have the wrong one. Be sure to watch the call reports in the coming weeks for my removal from the ministry.

---

1 – 6 of 6
Blogger Henry Town said...
Hi Matthias,

I assure you that many WELS laypeople--and yes, even pastors--are glad to see the return of your blog to the internet.

I've been reading it religiously (pun intended) since it debuted a month ago. You are not alone in your concerns as a WELS pastor, nor are you alone in your fear of speaking freely. Rather than threatening you, the leaders of WELS ought to ask you and others who are concerned to help them understand what your concerns are.

Keep the faith ... and keep up the good work!
August 4, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Welcome back! As Mr. Franklin once said, "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Jami Thomas
August 4, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Though devils all the WELS should fill...
August 4, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Anonymous Anonymous said...
So glad you are back.
August 4, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Anonymous Joel A. Dusek said...
Welcome back!
May the Lord of the Church continue to grant you courage as you stand against the Holy See of Milwaukee!

Permit me a suggestion. Bring the issues up with your congregation, either through council or the full body. Present your case and the opposing case fairly. Invite your opponents to make their case in public. There are likely many of your people who will follow you if you are correct in your doctrine. Two anecdotes: Rev. Rydecki was suspended from WELS and most of his congregation went with him; my father left WELS and has been able to continue ministry while working in the secular world for 17 years now.

Do not lose heart. 
August 4, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Anonymous tlcsvaz@orthodoxlutheran.info said...
"Matthias" - Since you are now known by your opponents, you might as well allow your supporters to stand with you. I suggest you do two things: 1.) Unmask yourself on this, your own blog, and strongly encourage others not to be anonymous anymore. Since you are telling the truth, and talking about the truth, openness and honesty need to prevail here more than anywhere. 2.) Change the blog name to something just a tad less troublesome. There's little to be gained by getting in hot water over a name - granted, a clever play on words - when there are so many more substantive matters to address. Just some thoughts. God bless you!

Trying to reform anything, especially a religious organization, is difficult. One that is so insular and has such hubris, even more so. I pray God will reward your efforts with some changed hearts and minds.
August 4, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Dr. Joseph Jewell said...
Welcome back. I wanted to post with my name to tell you that I admire your decision to keep blogging. Whoever you are, you and your family are in my prayers--as is your bully, that he might repent and stop the harassment and threats.
August 4, 2014 at 4:01 PM
***
GJ - We all know that WELS is collapsing, its demise accelerated by the two Silver Marks - Mark Jeske and Mark Schroeder. They already have a target painted on PW, so having a tepid name for the blog is not going to change their minds. And nothing will change a corrupt and deviant sect run by abusive, corrupt, deviant leaders. Yes, I can say that when a DP goes to state prison for molesting girls in his own congregation. when the Director of PR under Mark Schroeder has stored and doubtless used man/boy rape videos at the WELS headquarters, and when the two most famous employees of Jeske are no less than Ski and Glende.
Did WELS like the Orthodox Lutheran Forum any better for its name, Intrepid Lutherans for its name, Issues in WELS for its name? I agree that he should use his own name now, because the opponents know who he is. But we do not.
Blogger Vernon Knepprath said...
Pastor Spencer suggested a name change for this blog. But everything in the world is "polluted" or corrupted by sin, which includes visible church organizations. That the word 'polluted' may be troublesome, to use Pastor Spencer's words, suggests that there are some who don't have a Scriptural view of the world. We mustn't lose sight of the fact that WELS is a visible church, which is NOT synonymous with the invisible Holy Christian Church. The only thing not polluted or corrupted by sin is God and His Word.

Vernon