Saturday, July 8, 2017

Surburg's blog: Mark's Thoughts: A Response to Higher Things President George Borghardt

 Not everyone is thrilled with Higher Things,
which was UOJ from the start.
Tis predestined - UOJ leads to total doctrinal apostasy,
hedonism, and using the Gospel for a pillow to fall asleep on
.




Surburg's blog: Mark's Thoughts: A Response to Higher Things President George Borghardt:



"In light of these facts, what purpose could further discussion hold? And so at the end of March 2016 I sent an email to Pastor Borghardt in which I expressed that I was giving up on Higher Things.  I would no longer try to alert him to the problem because it was obviously an impossible task.  His continuing commitment to Donovan Riley's ever growing involvement and influence in Higher Things was proof positive that this was so.

That doesn't mean I ceased to be concerned about this problem in modern Lutheranism.  The former LCMS seminary professor Chad Bird is another active contributor to Christ Hold Fast.  He and Donovan Riley share the same extreme soft antinomian theology.  In December 2016 I wrote A Response to Chad Bird's "Gospel Phobia."  In this piece I stated very carefully the biblical and Confessional teaching about the Law and exhortation in preaching.  This arose out of work that I did for presentations at the National LCMS Stewardship Seminar in 2014 and the Michigan Confessional Lutheran group in 2015.  I cannot explain it more clearly than I have done here.  If a person believes something else or wants to practice in a different way, then we simply don't believe the same thing and I can't do anything about it."

Chad Bird represents the LCMS clergy who violate
their ordination and marriage vows,
yet want to teach everyone their wisdom.
Floyd Luther Stolzenburg took his little circus to the ELS and WELS.


'via Blog this'