Sunday, December 10, 2017

Time To Use the Stink-Eye To Keep the Blog from 6 Million Views

"You read Ichabod?"


Pageviews today
1,134
Pageviews yesterday
1,290
Pageviews last month
59,728
Pageviews all time history
5,999,250


 "You didn't just admit to reading Ichabod, did you?"


Here is the logic. Various leaders have ordered students not to read Ichabod. The result? They make the blog more appealing and views increase. They rant and rave to laity who mention my name. Result - another loyal reader.

The effort to silence the truth has the opposite effect intended, so I encourage the apostate opposition to continue their use of the stink-eye. WELS has only three gestures:

  • The right hand of fellowship.
  • The left foot of fellowship.
  • The stink-eye.


The last gesture is useful and designed to frighten and subdue. I cannot tell for sure, but I have had people I barely know give me the stink-eye. One was an employee at a computer firm where I worked. She was from Wisconsin and we were having a group lunch. Every so often - stink-eye. Finally, when she gave her speech about not eating meat because of the way animals were treated, I asked her about her leather purse, belt, and shoes. Her response was doubling down on the stink-eye.

One Schwan delivery man (often ex-WELS pastors) made a point of giving me the stink eye during each order. I was tempted to ask him about his former life. What was her name and for how long? But that would have short-circuited the delightful stink-eye each week.

Babtists do this gesture which can also be found in LCMS and WELS - "You do not exist - I am looking right through you." I knew Walter Otten quite well from being around New Haven. Once he did the invisible man trick, so I made a point of zeroing in on him, shaking his hand and saying hello. He was a bit startled.

At a WELS convention Professor Nitz made a point of looking through me. I had him for Hebrew! So I waited for my chance, smiled, shook his hand, and greeted him. I might as well have been Father Tetzel selling indulgences from my new home below.

If you think I lie, Mrs. Ichabod tried to say hello to DP John Seifert. We knew the whole family quite well and were with them many times, including Martin and Erin Joy. As she went toward him, he gave her the worst stink-eye. I saw it. She was shocked.

No wonder the UniSynod is collapsing.

 Chewie's Angels.