Wednesday, July 18, 2018

 The subject of my dissertation said to one pastor, "Put your fleece on the ground like Gideon."


Pastor,


When I first found your blog, I confess I really wondered about it-- "who is this guy??", but there were too many things that made sense in it.  So, I'd bump into it every couple of months, and I was so shocked by yours posts confronting former Synodical Conference churches.  But, again and again, I read and read, it all harmonized with scripture...and Luther, who I relate to on a personal level.  

 As I read Thy Strong Word, I find things in the book lined up with my conclusions.  There was a reason for that-- Scripture.  That's what brings the Church together.  Disunity occurs when man with his powers of reason, attempt to "improve" on it.  This is what Calvin tried to do; now what a mess!

Once I got over my shock that you dared to question the Synodical Churches, I was able to get down to the matter at hand and fully appreciate your blog.  Some of your "woodcuts" are just priceless.  They make me laugh.  I like Gideon's banner too!

SDG,
Gideon

And there are those who sell their hollow wisdom, fleecing the audience.