Sunday, July 7, 2019

Some Pleasant Surprises - Education and Doctrine


I sent two (2) free review copies of The Path To Understanding Justification to Christian News and a brief review followed immediately, with a graphic of Norma Boeckler's cover.

No mention was made of the Scriptural path to Justification at all, which is the point I repeatedly made in the book. One could take this as proof of that disgrace in Lutherdom. So many want to discuss and write about Justification, as long as they avoid the Biblical passages and cite their favorite authorities, like Philip Hale, Concordia Ft. Wayne M.Div.

 Our neighbor's brick path was overgrown with grass and weeds for over 25 years, and discovered by persistent and laborious digging. That reminded me of Justification by Faith, taught officially by WELS and the LCMS in the early days, in spite of Walther's Pietism, but hidden and forgotten today.

In other news, I was nominated as teacher of the year at the graduate school of education where I teach. I did not get the award, but it was fun to get the letter and read the student's comments.

Also, I was amused to find out that WELS Pastor Steve Spencer was flacking for Jack B. Simple Cascione, an Objective Justification warrior.;

The last time I communicated with Spencer, Founder of the Intrepid Lutherans, he solemnly uttered these two gems about Justification by Faith:

  1. "That is not a hill I would die on." 
  2. "A pox on both your houses."