Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Bethany Lutheran Hymnal Blog - New Features

 Norma Boeckler's Christian Art Books


The first step was getting all the public domain hymn details posted, one per page.

I added information so people could easily find all the hymns and hymn translations of:
  1. Luther
  2. Melanchthon
  3. Selnecker
  4. Gerhardt
  5. Kingo
  6. Loy
  7. Winkworth
  8. Neale
I am improving the data gradually, so that feature (called labels) is more inclusive, diverse, and transparent. I realize you have not heard those terms for several hours.

Norma Boeckler is adding her beautiful new graphics to the hymn blog, so I am also adding the tune, a YouTube version, and extra information where it is possible. I dislike abbreviated Scripture citations, so that will wipe out Ps., Gen., and Is. from the original copy and paste. 

Last night Christina and I were singing the hymns as I picked up YouTube versions and alternate tunes.

I am trying to avoid elevator-music versions of hymns. 

Later I will add German YouTube versions and some non-TLH hymns in the public domain.