Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Schwan Song of Stolzenburg's Buddy, Roger Kovaciny



Floyd Luther Stolzenburg, Church Growth Expert for WELS, Supporter of ELS Thoughts of Faith, Kovaciny, Shep, Webber, et al. Did Floyd pledge to commune Masonic members? Is Floyd the husband of one wife? Is Floyd a Lutheran? Dollars determine doctrinal purity.


Roger Kovaciny has left a new comment on your post "Kovaciny Denies Story - Holy Cow!":

Maybe I was there and maybe you were there and maybe somebody said that; I don't doubt it. But it wasn't me. I not only don't talk like that, I have never been among those who took exception to WELS fundraising methods. I'm just trying in a peacful (sic) way to tell you that you've telescoped somebody else's comment onto me, the way so many well-known people get the credit for nonentities' bon mots. (It wasn't Marie Antoinette who said "Let them eat cake," it was Madame Pompadour, the king's mistress.) I've said and done worse than that--but I never said what you quote me as saying.

[GJ - My, my, so much heat over such a small matter. Hearts are peaceful once again, now that people know the Kovaciny version of "Let them eat cake." Kovo is no longer on the ELS ministerium list, since he resigned from it. His grasp of the truth is legendary.]

Not everybody who googles their surname to find out if they've been misquoted reads your blogg (sic), Jackson. Don't flatter yourself.

[GJ - I have multiple, sometimes daily posts from people who say they never read this blog. I am beginning to think it is required reading at The Sausage Factory and The Little Schoolhouse on the Prairie.]

This is not important and I'm not even drawing the obvious conclusion that "You can't trust Gregg Jackson when he puts words inside quote marks." (A little praeteritio there, for those of you in Rio Linda.) There are a lot worse things you could say about me than this, which to most people wouldn't even seem derogatory. But I am about as likely to have said this as I am to have contrasted Matisse with Monet. Theoretically possible, but not plausible, and it didn't happen.

[GJ - Words escape me, for once.]

If you want to leave the post up, fine. It gives me another reason not to read your blogg, because now I'm sure from my own personal knowledge that it's untruthful. Your word against mine--but I already have one other "witness" just on this thread, although he's anonymous, that you've got problems with the truth. I could cite others who have spoken to me privately if they weren't afraid of the storm of vituperation you direct at anyone who comes within your artillery range.

[GJ - Let us unravel this skein of fantasmagoria--"A fantastic sequence of haphazardly associative imagery, as seen in dreams or fever". I have permission from Kovo to post as I see fit, but I do not recall needing his permission. One of his witnesses is someone he admits not knowing: birds of a feather do flock together. He also has unnamed sources who agree with him and live in mortal fear of giving up their names. That may be true, considering how many ELS/WELS clergy support clergy adultery and Church Growth. However, my posts have my name on them, while the attacks are all anonymous.

I could ignore Kovo, but I like to show the laity how the apostate WELS/ELS clergy work. They huddle together and agree on their tactics. They are too skeered to face up to anyone, and they have no qualms about meddling in another pastor's congregation. Kovo served two calls in WELS, then went to the Ukraine to work with Jay Webber and John Shep (now ELCA).

I have a number of parish newsletters published by Stolzenburg, who is still serving the Masonic church position arranged by VP Paul Kuske and others in WELS. Shep and Kovo managed to get a matching grant from the Schwan Foundation to build a church in Russia. Kovo served as the bagman at Floyd's congregation, teaching there as an ELS pastor. The Little Sect on the Prairie has a strict policy on altar and pulpit fellowship - wave a $100 bill and fellowship is declared.]