Monday, May 31, 2010

Intrepid Lutherans Blog


Adolph Hoenecke was one of two Wisconsin Synod members who turned the denomination away from its Pietistic and unionistic origins,
toward a confessional stance.
Pietism re-asserted itself through Church and Change.


Some WELS pastors and laity have started a blog--Intrepid Lutherans. I knew about it starting, because it is my job to keep track of such things.

I heard that some people worried I was part of the blog. They would not want someone who has sold two different books through NPH to be in bloggership with the clergy of WELS! Stetzer, yes. Groeschel, yes. Stanley, yes. Werning, of course. Sweet, definitely.

The participants, whoever they may be, are working on their own. I was happy to see people signing on, instead of maintaining secret status where they deny having anything to do with it. Church and Change is full of clergy and laity who, like Peter before the fire, deny their affiliation times three.

I like my independent status, allowing me to discuss confidentially what is sent to me by various sources.