Monday, November 15, 2010

Some Readers Appreciate an Open Forum



rlschultz has left a new comment on your post "How To Talk Lutheran":

Pastor Jackson,
Without being the least bit patronizing, I will say this. We have never met each other in person. Yet, you have responded to every e-mail which I have sent you, often in a very timely manner. You have posted every comment that I have made on Ichabod, often in the main body of the post. Certainly, I am not the only one that you have treated this well. My point is that many who would have a similar background to yours are far too standoffish and aloof. The DP's have a fraction of this under their belt and witness the manner in which they treat laity who are concerned. They say "write a letter", but never show enough common courtesy to respond. It must be that some of us old timers had decent parents who taught us some manners.

***

GJ -

I find it easy to allow perspective. I only know my little corner of the world, so people are welcome to report their experiences. Several have shown that Church and Changers have manipulated congregations into wasting huge amounts of money on masonry evangelism (a dubious goal) and even more money by paying Changers to raise money for ruinous charges - even a commission on the offerings.

I take pride in posting as many hostile comments as possible. Most blogs will not do that. In fact, they will erase comments that do not fit their fetishes - or if their feathers are ruffled. I only erase a comment when bad judgment has led me to allowing an insulting comment come through (unless the person is insulting me).

I noticed a precipitous drop in anti-Ichabod insults once I started OpenID and identified the Appleton circuit as the source - not to mention Garland, Texas.

The UOJ team at the Intrepids blog could post all they want here, but they do not. Readers should ponder that. They could share in the 1600+ page reads a day, and present as freely as they wished. I would even feature their comments. But they remain mute and ask me not to copy their ruminations.