Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bethany Rap Video:
More Proof That Straight White Guys Cannot Dance


"It's by rapper Taio Cruz  warning a girl that he will break her heart. When that happens, it is not his fault since he warned her. It's been up on youtube for awhile..."

Wikipedia article on this profound song.

---

Narrow-minded Lutheran has left a new comment on your post "Bethany Rap Video:More Proof That Straight White G...":

Thanks for posting the lyrics above, since I'm an old, grumpy Lutheran who can't understand this new "music." I would be so proud as a parent to see my kid portraying such a healthy message about relationships for my $27,580 per year. "Karma" must come from the NIV translation.

When are girls going to learn that this culture portrays them as "ho's" and cheap pieces of meat? Since the "Lutheran" synods want to be so relevant about applying the Bible to our daily lives and relationships, how 'bout a study of Ephesians 5?

---

Brett Meyer has left a new comment on your post "Bethany Rap Video:More Proof That Straight White G...":

Narrow-Minded makes a good point.

The Bethany Values listed above, "Pursuit of knowledge, critical thinking...comprise the essence of your Bethany experience and what we will strive to establish and bolster within you", is similar to the WELS MLC statements.

Yet, exactly who is watching over and taking care of these kids when they are hundreds if not thousands of miles away from their parents?

The words of the song used by Bethany are predatory. The video published by MLC was homoerotic.

All from the "Most conservative Lutheran Synods in the world" reaching the lost for Jesus even if they have to sin to do it.

***

GJ -
Original linked here.

I am sure the Bethany Lutheran College (ELS) students asked for written permission to borrow the entire soundtrack.

Or did they follow the example of Martin Luther College (WELS)?

Long ago, I cloned the lavender cross logo WELS was using and put it on my website. I immediately got a ferocious email (with Lutheran misspelled) from The Love Shack. The email stated that the lavender cross was the WELS trademark. I could not use it without permission. Since I did not have permission, I had to remove it.

I sought legal counsel from Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe on the trademark issue. My attorney said, "They have to identify the trademark with a tm in a circle or with the words trade mark. That is how a trade mark is protected. If they do not use one indication or another, they have no claim." I am sure The Love Shack knew this. Yet they put forward a spurious claim about their rights, which they gave up. Let's face it. A cross with a trade mark sign is rather tacky, even for WELS.

WELS/ELS - very stuffy about doing things correctly. They insist on a gentle, sit-down Come to Jesus meeting when they are publishing false doctrine all over the world, but they never correct their errors. They retaliate by trashing pastors and members behind their backs.

If someone takes the time to write a letter, which they urge constantly, the letter is not answered or even acknowledged.

The next time they write a letter, asking for money to "reach out with the Gospel," (trans - pay salaries and settle meritorious lawsuits), ask them why their colleges are engaged in stealing music to make bad videos of dubious value.

Doesn't this Bethany video send a nifty message to young people everywhere - a message of unrepentant hedonism with the young woman playing a willing victim? I am dabbing my eyes right now.

---

[Ludadris intro]
Now I might not be the worst of the best but you gotta respect my honesty so let me break your heart but I dont think theres anybody as bomb as me so you can take this chance and everybodys gonna be wonderin how you feel you might say this is Ludacris but Taio Cruz tell her how you feel.

Now listen to me baby
Before I love and leave ya
They call me heart breaker
I don't wanna deceive ya

If you fall for me
I'm not easy to please
Imma tear you apart
Told you from the start,
Baby from the start.

I'm only gonna break break ya break break ya heart. (x4)

Woah Woah

Theres no point tryin to hide it
No point trying to evade it
I know I gotta problem
By doin misbehaving

If you fall for me
I'm not easy to please

Imma tear you apart
Told you from the start,
Baby from the start.

I'm only gonna break break ya break break ya heart.
I'm only gonna break break ya break break ya heart.
I'm only gonna break break ya break break ya heart.
I'm only gonna break break ya break break ya heart. )

Woah woah

Ha
And I know karmas gonna get
Me back for being so cold.
Like a big bad wolf im born
To be bad an bad to the bone.
If you fall for me
Imma gonna tear you apart
Told you from the start

I'm only gonna break break ya break break ya heart.
I'm only gonna break break ya break break ya heart.
I'm only gonna break break ya break break ya heart.
I'm only gonna break break ya break break ya heart.

---

Ask students and alumni why they chose Bethany Lutheran College, and you’ll hear them mention two features again and again: small size and Christian atmosphere. Together, these features create significant benefits for students — close, personal attention from faculty and staff, numerous opportunities for participation and leadership, and an environment in which faith is integrated with learning.

At Bethany, every student is regarded as a valued, unique member of the community. Our small size allows for that. Our Christian mission inspires it. We have excellent instructors at Bethany who are committed to your success. Our graduates find jobs at great companies and enroll in top graduate schools.

---

The Bethany experience is more than just what goes on in the chapel, classrooms, residence halls, performing or athletic venues. It’s character, values, morals – it’s the fulfillment of each and every graduate in terms of their academic, social, physical, and spiritual development. It’s who they are and what they stand for.

Bethany is a campus community where students, faculty, and staff unite to create an atmosphere of Christian love and genuine concern for one another. Pursuit of knowledge, critical thinking, confidence, leadership, determination, and competitive spirit, trustworthy – these will comprise the essence of your Bethany experience and what we will strive to establish and bolster within you.

Time and again, we hear it from employers, business administrators, and civic leaders – “We want your graduates. We value the Bethany experience.” Hard to support with facts and figures? Yes. So we’ll let others familiar with Bethany tell their story. Looking for evidence?

---


Total Direct Cost, 2010-2011

Tuition $20,650
Fees 430
Board 3,610
Room 2,890

TOTAL $27,580