A family of children raised in WELS schools offered this opinion about the Book of Concord - "Could that be a manual for the Concord jet?"
Various reports from around WELS, the CLC, the Little Sect, and Missouri tell me the same thing - The Book of Concord is a no-show in all doctrinal discussions. The ruling norm (norma normans) is not the Word of God but the publications of the Synodical Conference. The ruled norm (norma normata) should be the Book of Concord, but it is judged irrelevant and boring. Lutheran pastors are too lazy and poorly trained to teach the Book of Concord and use it in sermon preparation.
Now that the CLC (sic) has weighed in on UOJ, we can see that 100% of Lutheran organizations have turned against Luther and the Book of Concord. The recent eructations of UOJ tell me that the guardians of heresy are growing frantic that their foundational error is under assault.
- Texas WELS had a UOJ conference.
- The Wisconsin Sect has published more UOJ baloney recently, resurrecting Church Growth leader Wayne Mueller to deliver another universal absolution article in FICKLE.
- WELS Meditations had another UOJ post, disguised as Justification by Faith.
- The WELS Intrepids (sic) thought they could balance on the Third Rail, and succeeded in admitting there was an issue. Given the Wisconsin propensity for lying and covering up, that was a real break-through.
- LCMS SP Harrison's new translation work suggests that the quest for unity will begin and end with some 19th century Midwestern Pietists.