Saturday, March 12, 2011

Reading the Touchy-O-Meter


Some readers work overtime to amuse and encourage me. They are the unbelievers who study this blog to find something wrong.

The ELCA pastor, Bruce Foster, communicates in the same nasty way that his WELS buddies use. The difference is, he signs his name to his emails. The WELS unbelievers hide behind an anonymous pose. But that never lasts. I am not surprised that Foster is intimate with WELS pastors Lindemann and Jenswold.

I expect to rile people. Good results come from disturbing their reveries:
  1. They reveal what they really care about. For example, Glende always jumps to defend Ski by attacking me. People noticed right away that "Anonymouse" was an Appleton WELS pastor. Foster responds when I discuss the Missouri civil war, since he abandoned the faith to become an ELCA pastor. Foster's paleo-hippy look is right from the 1970s. Seminex grad?
  2. They show the poverty of their arguments. I have posted hundreds of comments that are completely irrelevant. Imagine I have gone away. One person wrote "When you finally die, everyone will be relieved." Would my demise mean that a WELS DP did not go to state prison, that two church workers did not murder their wives? When I reach room temperature, will Fuller and Willow Creek become orthodox by default? The WELSian, ELSian, and Missourian lies will cease and become pearls of truth? Maybe the stolen and squandered millions will show up again, but not in my estate.
  3. Hypocrisy is exposed. Tim Glende plagiarizes Groeschel, with the support of his DP, and posts against my original, hand-written sermons, which I do not hide but double-blog. The sermon-only Bethany blog is read all over the world, and no one has to go back to it...ever.
  4. Some become so furious and frustrated with me that they study the Word and the Confessions. I trust the Word will work God's will, whether to convert or to harden, to enlighten or to harden.