Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fantasy Island - Steadfast Enthusiasts

MBW


@Paul T. McCain #56:
I also do not believe it is fair for a seminarian to have to shoulder the burden of this public false teaching and responding to it.


MBW:


Correct. I have personal experience with them. Greg and his disciple (who named his son after Greg and wrote a poorly conceived, illiterate “book” that tried to take UOJ apart) nearly destroyed a faithful MO congregation. The congregation, fighting for the Gospel, disciplined the followers of Greg’s disciple (Greg had moved on). Manteuffel and Marquardt wrote papers supporting the congregation. The feckless synod disciplined the congregation.

***

GJ - I have yet to meet a UOJ advocate who could tell the truth. This anonymous individual is naming Larry Darby from Trinity LCMS in Bridgeton, Missouri (St. Louis area).


Larry ran into UOJ and began studying it. Pastor Bischoff agreed with him, at first, that UOJ was false.


I wonder how Larry became my disciple when he was the one looking into it. He had a son named Greg, but I doubt that he named his son after me.


LaughQuest had me described as Larry's disciple, when they were not accusing me of being Walter Maier's disciple. Neither appellation is correct.


I have no idea who this field worker was. I doubt that he was there when I was a member, so it would have been hard to corrupt him into justification by faith.


Feckless? Trinity always supported Holy Mother LCMS. They growled and complained and fell in line. What do you call members and a pastor who shout "false doctrine," pray, pay, and obey? They sought the feckless synod's help and took their advice.


---


LaughQuest:


Rolf Preus:

Vernon Harley clearly and emphatically rejected objective justification. Check out this article. 


Forgiveness precedes faith. Without forgiveness faith cannot be elicited. The denial of objective justification makes the truth of the gospel contingent on the faith that receives the gospel, thus making faith the object of itself. This is fideism and it is poison to the soul.


***


GJ - Rolf should stop reading his own posts and concentrate on the Gospel of John. The UOJ Enthusiasts have outted themselves. One of Harley's former members got me in contact with Pastor Harley.I met Pastor Harley before he died. He pointed out that no one in the LCMS argued with him, opposed him, or accused him of heresy. He circulated his exegetical essays for many years.