Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Nixie Dixit Before Jon Locutus Est, Causa Finita Est

Irrelevant but funny.


Daryl Meyer has left a new comment on your post "The Authorities Cited Also Determine the Outcome o...":

Indeed, there's nothing new under the sun. There was a "Nixie dixit" long before there was ever a "Jon locutus est". (Nixie being JPM's nickname - for those not in the loop.)

***

GJ - I hope I added the dash in the right place, Daryl. Without it, Nixie was the nickname for those not in the loop. Cf - Eats, Shoots, And Leaves.

  


Here is an interesting episode from today. On Facebook, The Sausage Factory asked how many hours were spent studying the Scriptures during seminary. I am on that thread, so I wrote, "That's easy - none."

One of my Evangelical friends was started and asked about it on the thread. No one else was answering. Stormtroopers have to sleep it off for a long time.

I explained about denying justification by faith and getting rid of pastors who taught that.

He said, "I didn't know there were Lutheran Unitarians."

My last words were, "Watch them remove all these remarks." A few minutes later, they were all erased and I no longer could write a comment.