Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Unsteady Lutherans Seem To Be Ending Their Justification Without Faith Thread Positively



  1. Elizabeth
    February 23rd, 2014 at 06:59 | #33
    “Only if it is unambiguously retained that justification is nothing else than the forgiveness of sin accepted by sinners in faith, does the doctrine of justification remain biblical and Lutheran.”
    Exactly. Without faith no justification. Makes sense to me. No bifurcation there, thankfully!
  2. Jason Harris
    February 23rd, 2014 at 14:19 | #34
    2014 and this stuff still turns up like a bad penny





***

GJ - I am not sure if the quotation Elizabeth approves is from SP Harrison or Herman Sasse. Anything from Harrison is suspect. I like Elizabeth's summary - well said in a few words.

I was going to use "bifurcation" to describe OJ/SJ, so I am glad she did. Trying to wedge Pietism into the Lutheran Reformation and Romans is failing badly.

I found it amusing to see Jack Kilcrease's incoherent rage described as showing up like a bad penny.

I read the Kilcrease post again for some chuckles. I still wonder how it is that I quote UOJ Enthusiasts endlessly, but they are afraid to quote me verbatim with a citation. Instead, they make dubious claims and false accusations, without any support.

The fake Lutherans of today ignore the
efficacy of the Word, so clearly taught by Jesus.