Sunday, July 13, 2014

Joel Lillo's Non-Apology and Non-Retraction




 WELS Pastor Joel Lillo said... on Polluted WELS
First of all, I'd like to apologize for my attempts at humor in previous posts. Yes, I think that Greg Jackson is reprehensible in his attempts to smear the character of people with whom he disagrees and I think that Brett Meyer is completely misguided in his support of Mr. Jackson, but my comments were a bit crude and I do apologize for them. I do not, however, apologize for my opinions of them.

As to Todd Friel and why he didn't go on to seminary... I thought I would comment because he was a member of my graduating classes at MLPS ('81) and NWC ('85). When we graduated, I don't think I was aware that he wasn't going on to Sem with us. While I can't speak for him with absolute certainty, I don't think that fear of GA was the biggest reason. His subsequent comments about not "being saved" back then indicate that he, at least, had some mixed feelings about God at the time. Personally, I think that's the biggest reason that he didn't go on.

Incidentally, Todd has a very intelligent broadcast. He takes a very serious look at the world of Evangelical Christianity and also combines it with some pretty entertaining humor. I've been listening for quite some time and I'm suitably impressed with the things God has done through his ministry. Give the show a listen on wretchedradio.com. You just might end up enjoying it more than humorless confessional Lutherans have a right to.
July 13, 2014 at 6:25 PM

***

GJ - Joel is a true ecumenist. He loves every denomination except his own.