The Hymn #647 O Little Town of Bethlehem
The Confession of Sins
The Introit p. 16
The Gloria Patri
The Kyrie p. 17
The Gloria in Excelsis
The Salutation and Collect p. 19
The Epistle and Gradual
Glory be to Thee, O Lord!
Praise be to Thee, O Christ!
The Nicene Creed p. 22
The Sermon Hymn #657 Beautiful Savior
Jesus Son of God
The Hymn # 646 Silent Night
The Preface p. 24
The Sanctus p. 26
The Lord's Prayer p. 27
The Words of Institution
The Agnus Dei p. 28
The Nunc Dimittis p. 29
The Benediction p. 31
The Hymn #341 Crown Him with Many Crowns
|Art by Norma Boeckler|
|By Norma Boeckler|
- Against the humanity of Christ
- Against the divinity of Christ
- Against Justification by Faith.
- Jesus is the Good Shepherd in John 10, Isaiah 40, and Psalm 23.
- The cross is proof of God's love for all of mankind - For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son...
- This Atonement is foretold in the binding of Isaac, another only son, so we can grasp, as human parents, which giving the Son means.
- The grass dies, the flowers fade, but the Word of God remains forever. When we see Jacob wresting the Angel of the Lord, that is like a moment's away from the ministry of Christ. For Jacob called the place Peniel - Gensis 32:30
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved. Israel - struggles with God. Peniel - the face of God. An angel, or the Son of God before His Incarnation?