|"Brett, I did not damage ELCA enough,|
so Liz Eaton stepped in to finish the job."
1. What are some of the other problems that are not related to the 2009 decision?
2. Had the decision in 2009 been different, would NALC exist?
How about these to start.
1. Lack of commitment to the Great Commission. (google "ELCA evangelism" and try to find a story or article less than 10 years old)
2. Creeping (but picking up speed) Universalism
3. Advocacy efforts always political left of center even when official documents are right of center (i.e. abortion - so far as I know the ELCA has never advocated for any limits to abortion)
4. Drift from scriptural and confessional authority (OK this is related to the 2009 decision)
5. Blindness to their own failed policies (i.e - their 30 year commitment to the quota system has resulted in them being the whitest denomination in the country).
|Austin, like Paul McCain, has been put in the ALPB penalty box.|
Charles Austin - ELCA Pastor and Apologist Has This Right -
The "Steadfast" guys - though many of them seem to this outsider to be pompous, self-important and super-crabs skilled at stroking their own egos - are, at least recently, attempting to avoid the bitter and nasty language employed on that other site [LutherQuest - sic].
|"I won a prize for - It's OK To Pray hats."|
Former DP Dave Behnke, who barged in on a pan-religious memorial service at Yankee Stadium, and prayed with various religions without even naming Christ:
In answer to your question, the extremist "LutherQuest posters" are in large part layfolks, some of whom are not in the Missouri Synod. The nasty stuff from clergy is somewhat diminished, in my opinion. The examples provided by Don, although dated, indicate to me, however, that any niceness may be a veneer.
I don't know the way supervision is provided in the ELCA. The change at Steadfast, again in my opinion, comes from effective supervision. The elimination of the crackpot contingent is never going to be 100%, at any rate.
| LCMS offers hope for Sodom.|
Creeping Universalism? - WELS-ELS-LCMS has it.